Become a Web Developer: Learn HTML and CSS
This course is part of a course series called “Become a web developer”. This Become a Web Developer: Learn HTML and CSS course covers all you need to know to become a skilled web developer using HTML and CSS even if you have never programmed before.
What you’ll learn:
- You will learn the basics of HTML and CSS.
- Get into the intermediate level of HTML were you will learn about such thing as; doctype, metadata, deprecated tags, etc.
- Learn how to use CSS to style a web page.
- Get into advanced HTML and CSS
You already have what you need or you can get it for FREE. Here’s the checklist:
- A computer – Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported.
- Your enthusiasm to learn HTML and CSS. It’s a valuable lifetime skill which you can’t un-learn!
Who should take up this course:
- Beginners with no previous HTML and CSS experience looking to obtain the skills to get their first web development job.
- Anyone looking to to build the minimum HTML and CSS skills necessary as a pre-requisites for becoming a web developer.
Becoming a Web Developer: Learn HTML and CSS
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Text Editors, Browsers and First Webpage
- Headers, Paragraphs, Line Breaks and Horizontal Lines
- Bold, Italic, Comments and Blockquote
- Multiple Webpages and Website Links
- Customized Links
- Doctype, Namespace, Metadata and Deprecated Tags
- Tables, Cellpadding and Cellspacing
- Internal, External and Inline CSS
- Classes and Ids
- Divs and Positioning
- Text-Align, Margin and Padding
- Link States
- Structuring our Website
- DropList and Textarea
- Radio Button and Checkbox
- Embedding Content
- Bugs, Errors and Debugging
- IDE and Framework
- CMS and WYSIWYG
- Web Hosting and Templates
- Setting up a Template
- FrontEnd, BackEnd, Photoshop and Fireworks
- Different Types of Websites